Speech, Language, Feeding, Tongue-tie issues – Babies & Children Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders, Tongue-tie Issues – Kids (4+), Teens & Adults
Articulation, Oral-Placement & Language Issues
- All ages: Difficulty with specific sounds
- All ages: Unclear Speech [learn more]
- All ages: Prolonged difficulty with specific sounds, possibly even after years of speech therapy
- Apraxia [learn more]
- “Late Talker” & Delayed speech & language skills
- Difficulty expressing wants & needs, as well as thoughts & feelings
- Children & Teens: Difficulties in school (ex: attention, following directions, answering questions, comprehension, memory, reading & writing, completing assignments, etc.)
- Children & Teens: Difficulty communicating with peers, affecting social interactions
- Teens & Adults: Anxiety about your speech & people’s ability to understand you
Feeding Difficulty Issues &
Picky Eating Issues
- Infant breast/bottle feeding difficulties
- Difficulty transitioning to different food types [learn more]
- Weight & growth concerns
- All ages: Nutrition concerns
- All ages: Picky eating & mealtime stress [learn more]
- All ages: Gagging, coughing, or vomiting at mealtime
- Children, Teens & Adults: Difficulty managing food in the mouth, chewing & swallowing [learn more]
- Feeding Difficulty can impact children of any age, as well as impacting older children, teens, and adults. [learn more]
- Teens & Adults: Experiencing heightened sensitivity to certain tastes & textures, and tending to avoid those foods
- Teens & Adults: Anxiety about eating in social situations
Tongue-Ties and Related Issues, & Orofacial Myofunctional Issues
- Infant breast/bottle feeding difficulties [learn more]
- Difficulty transitioning to different food types & Difficulty managing food in the mouth.
- All ages: Difficulty pronouncing sounds & Unclear Speech, possibly even after previous therapy.
- All ages: Mouth breathing, frequent /chronic congestion, and respiratory illnesses; Snoring & Sleep issues.
- Teens & Adults: May experience face, neck, shoulder, or back tension, and posture issues; Dental crowding & misalignment. [tongue-ties]
- Orofacial Myofunctional Disorders can include feeding difficulty as well as speech, dental, and breathing issues.
- Orofacial Myofunctional Disorder evaluations and therapy are for children over the age of 4 years, as well as for teens and adults.
We know you probably have a lot of questions. Let us help you get the answers you need.